Effective Date: November 12, 2014, 2014
1. Collected Information. The information collected during your use of the Application includes the following:
(a) Submitted Information. As part of using the Application, you may submit certain information to us. For example, when registering for an account on Bridgefy, we will collect information including personal information such as your name, phone number and email address. “Personal information” is information such as a name or email address that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Application.
(b) Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Application, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your user account. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Application, as well as server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Application.
(c) Messaging. When you use the Application to send messages to other Application users, those messages are (unless the Application is operating in peer-to-peer mode) routed through our servers. When the Application is operating in peer-to-peer mode, your messages are sent through one or more intermediary devices of other users who are also using the Application.
(d) Analytics. We partner with certain third parties to collect non-personal information and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. In particular, the Application uses Google Analytics to help collect and analyze certain information for the purposes discussed in this Policy.
(e) Location Information. When you download the Application, we gather information about the location from which you access the Application by using such items as your device’s GPS and/or Wi-Fi antenna.
2. Use of Information. We internally use the information we collect about you as follows:
(a) Provision of Services. We may use collected information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to create and maintain an Application account for you, to respond to a question that you e-mail to us and other legitimate business reasons. We also use the collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Application to you.
(b) Updates and Troubleshooting. We may also use the collected information to contact you regarding updates or modifications to the Application, including via push notifications or other means or to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices in connection with disputes between you and another user or alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Application.
(c) Personalized Content. We may use the collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
(d) Analytics and Improvements. We may also analyze collected information relating to your use of the Application in order to help us improve the Application and develop and improve other products and services.
(e) Promotional Offers. We may use the collected information to provide you with promotional materials and offers. However, we will give you the ability to opt out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
(f) Combination. We may combine personal information collected through the Application with other information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email or phone, or your customer service records.
3. Disclosure of Information. We share and disclose the information we collect about you as follows:
(a) Third-party Service Providers. We use contractors and third-party service providers, and such third-party contractors or service providers may obtain access to the information you provide, including personally identifiable information.
(b) Advertising. We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns.
(c) Aggregated Data. We may make aggregated, anonymous data regarding activity on this Application available to third parties.
(d) Business Arrangements. We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
(e) Transfer as Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess, including personally identifiable information, shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity.
(f) Legal Requirement. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users and/or third parties.
(g) Affiliates. We may disclose this information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
4. Effective Date; Changes. When we make any changes to our practices under this Policy, we will change the Effective Date. We will treat your continued use of the Application following such change as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
5. Third Parties. The Application may contain offers from third parties or links to third-party websites and/or applications. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
6. Viewing, Amending and Deleting Information. You can log into your account and view, amend or delete your account information at any time. Please note that while changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information.
7. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information, including encryption of your messages. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your personal information or usage information.
8. Children Under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Application is not directed at children under 13. If you are a parent and believe your child under the age of 13 has used the Application and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Application, please contact us at the phone number and address provided in Section 10 of this Policy and we will work to delete that Application account and any such personally identifiable information.
9. Transfer to the U.S. or Other Countries. Company uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Application, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
10. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or at:
Attn: Privacy Questions
934 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA