Bridgefy, Inc. Privacy and Cookies Policy
Effective: October 13, 2020
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date given above. It is your responsibility to review these Terms frequently and to remain informed of any changes to them. The then-current version of these Terms will supersede all earlier versions. You agree that your continued use of our Services after such changes have been published to our Services will constitute your acceptance of such revised Terms.
“Personal information” or “personal data” means any information about an individual from which that person may be identified. For example, it may include your name, telephone number, email address, or payment information, and in some jurisdictions your IP address. It does not include data from which the identity of an individual has been definitively removed along with any identifiers connected to such individual (also known as anonymous or anonymized data).
- Access and/or visit the Website;
- Sign up to receive marketing materials; or
- Directly communicate with us through the Website.
- Use the official Bridgefy Messaging App or any other app made by Bridgefy, Inc. in any way.
- Interact with Bridgefy, Inc. through official social media channels
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information Collected Directly
When you visit the Website, We may collect the following information:
- Your identity, including your first name, last name;
- Your email address;
- Your Job Position and Company/Employer; and
- Other information you may provide by filling out forms or by contacting us (such as your feedback, platforms that you are interested in using our software on, or other communications with us).
Information Collected Indirectly
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We or authorized third parties collect certain information by automated means using cookies, web beacons, and server logs for analytic purposes. Bridgefy, Inc. tracks users’ use of the Website, but does not track users across third party websites. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. When you visit or access the Website, we may by means of cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, and/or similar technologies automatically collect technical information about the devices and software you use to access the Website, such as the type of Internet browser or mobile device you use, the website or source that linked or referred you to the Website, your IP address or device ID (or other persistent identifier that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device on the Internet), the operating system of your computer or mobile device, and other similar technical information. Typically, all technical, analytics, and usage information is gathered by Bridgefy, Inc. in anonymous form and does not identify you personally.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. These technologies (or a combination of them) are used to help us:
- Compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the Website, including details about how and where our Website are accessed, how often you visit or use the Website, the date and time of your visits, your actions on the Website, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data, which allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device and gain insights about how mobile software is used in order to improve your experience;
- Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about our Website, including performance data related to the Website, such as networking activity, CPU load, and resource usage, among other relevant data;
- Moderate user behavior on the Website, such as protecting against fraud and other inappropriate activities;
- Gather demographic information about our user base; and
- Perform other similar functions.
You may manage your cookie preferences as further explained in Your Choices
We offer end-to-end encryption for our Services, by default, starting November 1, 2020. End-to-end encryption means that your messages are encrypted to protect against us and third parties from reading them. We utilize the Signal Protocol encryption libraries, which are open-source, and whose License can be found here. The Signal Protocol is included in both the Bridgefy SDK and the Bridgefy App.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bridgefy, Inc. uses your personal information in the following instances:
- To provide the Website to you;
- Deliver direct marketing communications to you regarding our products and services that we may think are of interest to you;
- Respond to your queries and requests, or otherwise communicate directly with you;
- Detect any fraudulent or illegal activity against you and/or Bridgefy, Inc.;
- Perform Website maintenance and upgrades, and enable new features;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Aside from disclosing your information to those of our personnel who are authorized to process the information in order to provide the Website and who are committed to confidentiality, we disclose your personal information only to the third parties as described below.
Third Party Service Providers
We share personal information with third parties that provide services to help us provide the Website and operate our business. Depending on how you use the Website, the following categories of third parties collect data on our behalf or receive personal information:
- Hosting services providers;
- Analytics providers;
- Advertising and marketing partners;
- Other third-party service providers that help us provide features and functions for the Website; and
- Professional service providers, such as auditors, lawyers, consultants, accountants and insurers.
For a list of all third-party service providers we use, pleasecontact us. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions, unless the data is rendered fully anonymous.
Affiliates and Subsidiaries
Bridgefy, Inc. may disclose your personal information that we have received through your usage of the Website without your consent when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required to comply with applicable law or respond to lawful requests or legal processes (such as a subpoena, warrant, court order, etc.) for the purpose of assisting law enforcement and legal authorities in the prevention, detection or prosecution of crime.
DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have not otherwise opted out, or if you have opted in to receive direct marketing emails from us, we may use your personal information to send you marketing information about the Website and our products and services we think may be of interest to you. For instance, when you request additional information regarding the Website and/or our products and services or sign up for our newsletter, we may ask if you wish to opt in to receive marketing communications from us. This is what we call direct marketing. We carry out direct marketing by email, SMS texting, mobile apps, and phone. We obtain consent to send you such communications where required under applicable local laws.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you have the right at any time to opt out. The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of each communication. You may also manage your direct marketing preferences as further explained inYour Choices.
Updating and Correcting Personal information
If you would like to correct or update certain personal information (such as your contact information) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use reasonable efforts to correct and/or update such information.
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing emails. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
Cookies & Targeted Advertising
With respect to your choices regarding cookie and other tracking technologies, most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you may manage your cookie preferences, by altering the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time.
While tracking is widespread over the internet, there are things you can do to minimize these activities, as explained here:
- You may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
- You may turn on the Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings. Please note that not all companies will respond to or honor DNT signals.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website. In addition, please note that even if you opt out of targeting/advertising cookies using the mechanisms above, advertisements may still be visible to you when using the Website.
Bridgefy, Inc. does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Website.
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY
Your personal information is processed for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
In order to determine the most appropriate retention periods for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of your information, the reasons for which we collect and process your personal data, and applicable legal requirements.
In some instances, we may choose to anonymize your personal data instead of deleting it, for statistical use, for instance. When we choose to anonymize, we make sure that there is no way that the personal data can be linked back to you or any specific user.
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. For example, we use encryption, secure socket layer, firewalls, and password protection. In addition, we limit access to personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and the third parties who have a business need-to-know.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and while we take reasonable steps to provide secure services, by using the Website, you understand and assume the risks associated with your activities on the internet.
Bridgefy, Inc. may collect payment information in connection with the use of the Website. All payments are processed using Stripe.
Bridgefy, Inc. does not require you to provide any sensitive data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic, and biometric data to use the Website.
Use of the Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. Without limiting the foregoing, Bridgefy, Inc. does not target the Website to persons under the age of 16 and does not knowingly collect personal data from minors. Therefore, we ask you not to provide us with personal information of persons under the age of 16. If we learn that personal information of persons under 16 years of age has been collected on or through the Website, then we may terminate access to the Website and/or make the content inaccessible.
NOTICE TO ALL USERS REGARDLESS OF GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION
Bridgefy, Inc. and its servers used to provide the Website are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your information, including your personal data, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us and we understand that you have the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict our use of your Personal Data. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your Personal Data by us. Please note that the rights set forth in this Section apply globally to all Visitors and Customers, whether or not you are a California resident or a resident of the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Personal Data:
- You may choose not to provide Personal Data through our Website or when you register for the Product, in which case Bridgefy, Inc. may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You can access, review and change your Personal Data by logging into your account on the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link. The opt out specified above does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- You may also request a copy of your Personal Data that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to email@example.com. We will provide you a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic form.
Please note to exercise the rights set forth above we will ask you to: (1) provide sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 30 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing a letter to the address at the end of this page
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the GDPR, CCPA or other applicable data privacy laws or regulations. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the GDPR, CCPA or other applicable data privacy laws or regulations.
182 Howard St. PMB 612
San Francisco, CA